Where is the config file?
The config file is generally located at:
However, you can know specifically where it is with:
Or, you can open the folder where it is located with:
For detail information of each config field, please run:
spicetify --help config
- There is great chance that you are using Windows Store Spotify. Please double check that in Spotify About page.
- If you are actually using Windows Store Spotify, remove it completely. Go to Spotify website to download normal version installer.
- If you are not using the Windows Store Spotify, and are using the one from the Spotify website, check to see if you have a "prefs" file in
- If so, open your
prefs_pathto the absolute path of that prefs file. (e.g.
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\prefs) Then try running
find | grep "spotify/prefs$"
- If it returns a path to prefs file, copy its absolute path to
After Spotify's update, running
spicetify apply or
spicetify update breaks Spotify.
After any Spotify update, always run
spicetify backup apply.
Optionally, make Spotify shortcut to run
spicetify auto (instead of direct path to spotify executable), so that Spicetify can backup and apply, when it needs to, then launch Spotify automatically.
It may be the case that Spicetify is not supporting this new Spotify update yet. In that case, check our issue tracker.
I can't play some songs after downgrading spotify
Delete all files in the following folder and launch spotify again.
Sometimes Popup Lyrics and/or Lyrics Plus seem to not work
This problem happens in the extension Popup Lyrics and custom app Lyrics Plus mostly because your MusicXMatch token has been flagged for doing too many requests. This can be fixed by just waiting without skipping songs too much, however, if it is still a problem for you, all you need to do is to install the Musixmatch official app, which is also web based app as Spotify.
Windows: install it via Windows Store.
You don't have to log in!
Now in Musixmatch app, hit
Ctrl + Shift + ito bring up DevTools.
- Switch to Network tab. Hit
Ctrl + R. Filter results with "apic":
- Click at any result, it will show up request detail panel. Scroll all the way down. Note down
It should look like this:
- Open Popup Lyrics setting menu, paste your personal token in input field under Musixmatch section and turn the switch on.